24 Şubat 2013 Pazar

The 'Ammo Shortage'.... what's your thoughts?

To contact us Click HERE



Folks, Carteach is trying to get a sense of what people are seeing across the country right now.  Regarding the ammunition supply issue, a few questions in hope of generating discussion...

Can you get what you want, only at higher prices?

What are you seeing happening at the stores you normally buy from?

What are you hearing through the rumor mill about this?

What are your thoughts long term?


I'll chime in first, of course, to get the ball rolling.  Can I get what I want? Mostly, yes. Prices are higher, no doubt.  It helps that I can load almost anything I wish myself.  Rimfire prices are a bit vexing, and there is no such thing as "I'll come back tomorrow" when you find it for sale.

The stores I normally buy from are running thin, leaning towards bare shelves on most everything.  Prices have jumped.... a LOT.... but that is to be expected.  Wholesale prices on ammo has also jumped, in some cases by 100%.  

I've been watching the wholesale websites, and supplies that do show up vanish fast... very fast.  Sometimes within minutes.  The only thing generally readily available are the high ticket items, like buck-a-round premium defensive ammo and such.  I see the same on reloading supplies as well.

What I am hearing, from the most credible sources I have, is that this is likely a typical politically generated run on the supply, and will probably ease up in a few months as people lose their fear.  On the other hand, should Pres/Congress/States do more silly grandstanding, it could really extend that period.   I hear short term = a few months, and long term = well into next year.

Meanwhile, Think I will replenish my supply of primers and powder ..... today.



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder