16 Şubat 2013 Cumartesi

Reply From Feinstein

To contact us Click HERE
Some time ago I paid for one of those "Fax Blast" solicitations from one of the gun rights groups I get email from.

I don't recall which one, but for a reasonable fee, they send faxes to all the members of both Houses, and your state representatives.

I always figured they get ignored, except by the person who has to keep the fax machine supplied with paper, but this time I received a form-letter reply from Senator Feinstein.

Here's the reply, copied and pasted from her email, and you'll find it typical of hoplophobes in that she attacks the inanimate object, rather than the underlying causes of the person using it to commit crimes.

No mention of trying to help the sick, unbalanced, deranged or terminally angry person who commits the crime, but rather another cry to get rid of the Evil Black Rifles....again.

Dear Mr. xxxxxx: Thankyou for contacting me to share your opposition to assault weapons legislation.  I respect your opinionon this important issue and welcome the opportunity to provide my point of view.  Massshootings are a serious problem in our country, and I have watched this problem get worse and worse overthe 40 years I have been in public life.  From the 1966 shooting rampage at the University of Texas thatkilled 14 people and wounded 32 others, to the Newtown massacre that killed 20 children and 6 schoolteachers and faculty, I have seen more and more of these killings.  I have had families tell me thatthey no longer feel safe in a mall, in a movie theater, in their business, and in other public places,because these deadly weapons are so readily available.  These assault weapons too often fall into thehands of grievance killers, juveniles, gangs, and the deranged.  Irecognize that the Second Amendment provides an individual right to bear arms, but I do not believe thatright is unlimited or that it precludes taking action to prevent mass shootings.  Indeed, in the sameSupreme Court decision that recognized the individual right to bear arms,District of Columbia v. Heller, the Court also held that this right,like other constitutional rights, is not unlimited.  That is why assault weapons bans have consistentlybeen upheld in the courts, both before and after the Hellerdecision.   I believe regulation of these weapons is appropriate. 
 
Onceagain, thank you for your letter.  Although we may disagree, I appreciate hearing from you and will bemindful of your thoughts as the debate on this issue continues.  If you have any additional commentsor questions, please do not hesitate to contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841.

Sincerely yours,


  Dianne Feinstein
         United States Senator
 
At least it only wasted electrons, and not a sheet of paper in my fax machine...

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder