16 Şubat 2013 Cumartesi

"The Night Stalkers" by Durant, Hartov, and Johnson

To contact us Click HERE
The Night Stalkers

My wife bought me this for Christmas, knowing how much I respect our troops.

It's the story about the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (Airborne) of the U.S. Army.

In case you don't know, these are the helicopter pilots who take the various Special Forces units into combat, and retrieve them.

I have to say this is a wonderful book. While I enjoy reading books by Matthew Bracken, and Kenneth Royce, those are fiction.

This book is about REAL people getting shot at, wounded, and killed, by REAL bullets.

As Admiral Tarrant says at the end of the movie The Bridges at Toko Ri, "Where Do We Get Such Men"?

Where, indeed..........
.
.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder