8 Ekim 2012 Pazartesi

Thompson Center- The breaking point

To contact us Click HERE
The TC Encore. Never before have I owned something so long with such middling performance. I've chronicled many stories with the TC, all of which have left me fairly ambivalent to the platform. I had an encore muzzle loader barrel which was a total failure, a 7mm-08 barrel that was too short to get rounds to expand effectively to put deer down, and now a 28 inch rifled 20 gauge barrel that despite shooting every manner of slug I could find from Hornady SSTs to Lightfields to bulk packs, I can't get it to shoot better than a 5 inch group at 50 YARDS. I've dealt with TC customer service in the past with my muzzle loader barrel, which resulted in me being out shipping, waiting 3 months, and receiving a barrel back that I would bet had not actually been looked at by TC with a note that said it shot 1 inch groups with the load I told them wouldn't even pattern when I sent it in.

I will be selling all of my TC gear over the next few months- and I will NOT be looking back. The only thing that may survive is 1 frame and the 44 mag barrel. That hasn't been a total disappointment. Sometimes, you just have to know when to pull the plug on a platform and move on to something else. I have reached that point.

I can't help but notice the relationship between the one 1911 I will refuse to own (remington R1) for spotty quality- is the parent company of TC which now also seems to suffer immensely from crap products. The 44 mag barrel that I own was produced before the Remington acquisition- which may partially explain why it isn't craptastic. Such is life.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder