29 Kasım 2012 Perşembe

Kershaw Skyline Fixed Blade Knife Review

To contact us Click HERE
The Kershaw Skyline is a non-serrated fixed blade knife with G10 handles. Fixed blade units generally run right around 30 dollars, but I picked this one up from Blade HQ when they were having a sale for under 20 bucks.  What follows are my initial thoughts and impressions after playing with the knife for about a week.
First the bad- The sheath is terrible. It does break in with repeated holstering and unholstering of the knife, but they include it for the low low price of nothing for a reason. Others have commented on the terrible sheath, and with good justification. It is truly shit-tastic.While trying to draw the knife from the aforementioned sheath, I had to use so much force that I totally slit my side open like a stuck pig. So, that was a pretty big fail. Once I stopped the bleeding, I was forced to admit that the Kershaw does ship with a great edge. 

If you can get past the train-wreck sheath though, the knife is actually a handy and well thought out blade. I elected the blaze orange g10 handles to make it easier to find when I set it down after dressing game, but black handles are also available.
The blade comes in at 3 and 1/4 inches and seems to be of a drop-point design. the finger guard is of usable shape and dimension, and provides a safe grip on the knife.  If one were handy with kydex, a new method of carry would make this knife an absolute go-to for EDC. The blade is of usable dimension, and the handle is adequate to service medium or larger hands. As a matter of fact, I will be making a new sheath for this knife at some point and this knife will probably replace my loved Spyderco tenacious as an edc knife.

For 20 bucks, these knives are ABSOLUTE buys. for their normal 30, they are still worth it, but I would probably not rush out to give them money. Especially when you consider you basically need to replace the sheath instantly.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder