19 Kasım 2012 Pazartesi

$60 Meade Spotting Scope At Costco

To contact us Click HERE
DO NOT BUY ONE!

I went to Costco today to stock up on some stuff for my upcoming trip, and as I wandered the aisles, I saw these on the shelf.

Hmm....20~60x 60MM, angled eyepiece, in a "Pelican" type case WITH a collapsible 15" to 44" tripod.

I figured the tripod would be junk (it is), but I was unprepared for just how BAD this little scope is.

To begin with, it has such short eye relief that I can NOT use it, at all, even on the 20 power setting, with my glasses on.

At the 60 power setting, even with my glasses off, I had to have my eye completely buried in the eye cup to use it.

The image isn't very bright considering the 60mm objective lens size, so I don't know what they "Fully Coated" the optics with....maybe water?

Yes, I should have known better, considering my $400+ Vortex didn't meet my particular needs, but I thought I give one a try considering Costco's no-nonsense return policy.

My rating?

ZERO out of five possible stars.

Looks like I'll just have to bite the bullet, and get that $600 Nikon I've had my eye on.....pun intended!
.
.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder