27 Aralık 2012 Perşembe

CT Shooting

To contact us Click HERE
I am a vocal proponent of gun rights- and have been asked to engage in a number of 'debates' over the last few days about guns and gun rights- I say 'debates' because really the anti-gun people wanted someone to berate and I'm fairly certain at least one of them had an erection during the conversation.

My honest to G-d opinion on how to reduce these spree killing events- what I really think will save kids lives that the .Gov can actually do to save people is this:


1-mandate electronic medical records so that people who are labeled mentally disturbed or adjudicated cannot pass the NICS background check to buy guns.
2-employ men under the age of 25. the unemployment rate for men in the US who are recent college grads is over 16%. Men 18-25 are the most violent segment of any population. That is why we export them in our military. 
Both of these things are hard, so they won't be done. but I believe this would go a long way to lowering the problem. 
All lot of people will disagree with me- but if you want to spend a dollar to really help people, do these things. This is literally a huge part of my livelihood  I rarely talk about my profession here, but I am a graduate student who researches and publishes real academic papers on how information spreads during SPREE SHOOTINGS AND CAMPUS MASSACRES.  I know more about shooter profiles, actions, and outcomes than most Americans, and I really believe, after doing honest, published academic research, these things will help.
Edited to add. Due to the asinine comments I'm getting from anonymous posters, I feel I need to clarify things using smaller words. 18-25 year old men are violent. This does not mean entering the armed service makes you a violent person, or only violent people enter the armed forces. That is the difference between a correlation and a causation based relationship. If your family tree has branches, that is evident to you. I am merely pointing out that historically, if you do not keep this demographic of men busy with something (often times military service when no other options are present) they will create issues in the form of rebellion or violent crime. 

If that offends you, I suggest two things- first- go fuck yourself. Second - read a different blog. 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder