16 Aralık 2012 Pazar

Best laid plans

To contact us Click HERE
I've been kicking around the idea of building a 1911 from scratch, and found a frame at a decent price. I'm going to liquidate my Ruger Security Six (2&3/4 inch barrel), to fund the purchase. Hopefully I'll get 375-400 out of the gun, and then I'll also buy a used / good condition FEG hi-power.

Probably will take a good month to get everything squared away, but if it works I'll slowly start building out the 1911 lower (have most parts in my spare parts bin) while I decide on what caliber the gun will be. I thought briefly about 38 super, but really don't want to track down new dies and brass, and 38 super is not really a scrounge-friendly caliber by me. I could build a 40sw 1911, which I don't think is a terrible idea, and of course there is always the option of making a dedicated 22lr. Another 45acp 1911 really doesn't bring much to do much for me, as I currently have 2 government sized 1911s in 45acp, and an officers sized gun in the same.

Two full-sized 1911s in 9mm seems silly, so this gun might just get built up for a while with no real direction. This gets annoying, as choosing the caliber will dictate the ejector, but such is life.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder