13 Mayıs 2012 Pazar

Scoping the 10/22 target....

To contact us Click HERE

Soon I'll be swapping the Eotech 512 now mounted on No Excuses (Ruger 10/22 Target) over to a scope. For this little project, given the rifle is so astoundingly accurate, a good quality scope and mount had to be acquired.

Step one: The mount..... and for this application the 'Ol Fat Man chose a Game Reaper Ruger 10/22 Low Mount. It's beautifully machined one piece construction and extraordinary quality fit the bill. Look a for an extended write up and review on the DNZ mounts in the near future. Their gear is built by shooters, for shooters, and may just be my new mount of choice on all applications. Good stuff!

Luckily, Carteach found a fairly new local gun shop to source the scope from: Collectors Gun Shop in Refton, Pennsylvania. It's a store that advertises in my gun club's newsletter, and that's what led me to their door. I am very, very glad I did for it was there I captured the new 10/22 Target model (Now named 'No Excuses')

Collectors Gun Shop is one of those places.... when you walk up to the door, you don't know what to expect.... and then you walk in. Your eyes pop, your breath catches, and your heart quickens. It's like finding a chest of treasure while walking the beach.

Look for an extended article and review on the store, and the super nice folks who own it. I think our loyal Carteach readers will be as happily shocked as he was to see what hides behind such a country plain exterior.

Anyway.... from Collectors I ordered a Nikon Pro-Staff 3x9x40 EFR rimfire scope. This model could have been designed for the Ruger 10/22 target, and I expect it will fit the need perfectly. If it's in on time, and The Fat Man has time, it will be mounted before the upcoming Appleseed clinic on the 19th of this month (May, 2012) in Manheim PA. I hope to be helping out there, and may get a chance to shoot an AQT with No Excuses.

Good stuff coming folks.... stay tuned!


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder