13 Mayıs 2012 Pazar

New Furniture (Again)

To contact us Click HERE
My apologies- it's been quite a while since my last post!  I've been busy with other projects around the house and in the yard, so Project 870 and Project 1911 have been neglected.  I have ordered everything I need for finishing the Wingmaster though, so hopefully now that it's getting warmer outside I'll be able to get moving on the rust blue and refinished stock set.  This post will be a short one, but hopefully it'll be followed by another post this weekend with some more updates.

I decided I didn't like the butt stock that I originally received, so I ordered another one and returned the original before getting started on it.  The second stock I received looked much more like what I wanted, and also looked more like the forend.  Here's a couple of pictures:




To me, it seems like a more uniform piece of wood with similar grain patterns on both sides.  This weekend I'm hoping to begin and finish the sanding of the original finish that's on here to get it down to bare wood.  I'll then apply some coats of boiled linseed oil I picked up from Brownells to give it less of a satin/semi gloss look and more of an oil rubbed appearance.  I hope it works!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder