13 Mayıs 2012 Pazar

New Furniture

To contact us Click HERE
I found a good deal on a set of factory second wood for my Wingmaster.  This is Trap grade wood that had some scuffs on it prior to finishing, so it didn't end up on any shotguns that went out for sale.  Great news for me, since it only cost $182 after shipping!  I can smooth out the scuffs on my own, then refinish the stock and forend and it'll be good to go on my project.  It'll save me loads of time and money over the other option I was considering, which involved buying a super nice blank set (around $500 for the blanks) and paying a pro to shape, inlet, and finish them for me (another $400 or so).  That option was well out of my price range for this project, so finding this wood made me extremely happy.  Here are some pictures of the wood as it sits today.



I'm still researching the best way to approach this- I don't just want to start sanding away if there's some prep work to be done first such as removing any oil or other chemical that's already been applied.  I also think I may replace the plastic pistol grip cap with a more dressy silver end cap just for aesthetics.  I've seen some pretty nice ones, so plastic just doesn't seem to be the way this shotgun is heading.

I also decided that I'll attempt to blue the metal finish myself.  I'll be attempting the old school process of rust bluing.  Because it will require time to sit in a pretty warm environment, I probably won't attempt to start this until things warm up around here- since I live in Texas, it should be May or so before conditions are right.  In the mean time, I'll be trying to finish up my 1911 build and also get this stock and forend squared away.

In case you're counting, with the $182 spent on the wood, I'm now $407 into my $600 budget.  Even if I mess up the rust bluing, I can probably find a good person to help me with that end of it for under $200, at least I hope I can.  With luck, though, the rust blue I'm planning will work well and I'll be able to use the remaining budget on aesthetic touches.  I'll post updates as I get them...thanks for reading!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder